Nonveg Vs Veg
Advantages of Vegetarian Foods:-
• They are easily chewable, especially for the elderly who have lost their teeth.
• Many elderly feel that vegetarian food is more easily digestible.
• Vegetarian foods are cheaper than non-vegetarian foods.
• Some vegetables can be eaten raw preventing the loss of nutrients while cooking.
• Vegetarian foods do not contain as much fat as non-vegetarian foods.
• Vegetarians unlikely suffers from many diseases as animal induced.
• Vegetarians have normal functioning of Brain than non-veg.
Disadvantages of Vegetarian Foods:-
Vegetarians are prone for Pernicious anaemia due to Vitamin B12 deficiency causing change in skin,Mental retardation. Many signs and symptoms are attributed to pernicious anemia:
• Fatigue, low blood pressure, rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, pallor, depression, muscle weakness, and shortness of breath (known as 'the sighs')
• Difficulty in Proprioception.
• Mild cognitive impairment, including difficulty concentrating and sluggish responses, colloquially referred to as brain fog.
• Neuropathic pain
• Frequent diarrhea
• Parasthesia such as pins and needles sensations or numbness in fingers or toes, due to B12 deficiency affecting nerve function.
• May present with hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
• Personality or memory changes.
* Vegetarians gets less protein.
Advantages of Non-Vegetarian foods are:-
• Non-vegetarian foods are rich in protein of high biological value and in Vit B complex, especially B12 which is not available in plant foods.
• Fish, especially the small varieties are a rich source of calcium.
• Egg-white is good source of protein and easily digested.
So I will advice to all my Patients to become Mixitarians so that they have to consume once in week Non-Veg.
My last word regarding Veg Vs Non-Veg Any diet can be healthy, and any diet can be unhealthy. It's all in what choices the individual makes.